Don’t worry anymore about getting security threats because Cloudflare has announced a free Web Application Firewall for its users. Cloudflare is offering this Web Application Firewall to subscribers on the free plan and totally free of charge. The benefit of having this Web Application Firewall is that you can directly block the numerous threats automatically because the WAF comes with a ruleset that will do this accompanied by a WAF user interface to provide access.
The free ruleset has already been tested against the Cloudflare organization and has granted access to their free users to activate their firewall and start detecting the threats to block them and also enjoy the benefits available with the firewall now. Being a managed ruleset will benefit the free users with the new updates that will help them in protecting their sites from wide-ranging security threats that are new to the sites. Also, the WordPress websites are protected by the free firewall from the common WordPress exploits.
Web Application Firewall
Web Application Firewall is modern protection for modern applications. It is integrated with all the leading cloud-delivered application security portfolios. It monitors all the web traffic and automatically blocks any suspicious traffic for protection purposes.
Features of WAF
- The WAF has a Custom ruleset that provides tailored protection to block threats.
- Its exposed credential checks are used to monitor and block the use of stolen credentials.
- It has a flexible response option for blocking, logging, challenging, or rate-limiting.
- WAF ML is a helping feature to WAF rulesets as it detects bypasses and attacks variations of XSS and SQLi attacks.
- It offers advanced zero-day vulnerability protection to your device.
- Its sensitive data detection alerts you when responses contain sensitive data in it.
- Its advanced rate-limiting feature prevents abuse, DDos, and brute force attempts.
The WAF’s free version ruleset provides protection against the Shellshock server security bug, and it also blocks Log4J vulnerabilities. It also provides its free users a dashboard through which publishers can manage their firewall and monitor the actions performed by it via the Security overview tab. Free users can override both, all and specific, rules to LOG or other actions and completely disable the whole ruleset or any specific.