What comes to your mind when you hear the word search engine? The guess is not that hard as in all of our minds the very first name that comes is Google. Google has created, or we can say earned an image of the best search engine so far. As we all see in one the google’s ads that “everything will happen if you ask it on google”. And we actually do this whenever we need to know something that people around us cannot explain clearly or they simply don’t know about that. For example, you can just ask google anything in your language by using google’s search with your voice option, and Google will update you with the best of its results.
Google has reached the level where normal people usually think that google is the only search available. But this is not true. There are a variety of search engines out there and they provide you the same kind of satisfaction that google does. But we stored google in our mind in a way that we don’t take other search engines that seriously. There are search engines that offer you the sort of privacy that google always lacks. And we find it the very core reason that there is the need to consider the other search engines as well. As they say “ there’s nothing bad in keeping some extra stuff just for an emergency”. In this post, we gonna give you an in-depth comparison between Google and one of the privacy-concerned search engines DuckDuckGo, and also DuckDuckGo vs google censorship.
DuckDuckGo: An Overview
DuckDuckGo is a privacy browser cum app that helps you to protect your online activity from being tracked. The core reason DuckDuckGo exists is that it works on the rules of not tracking its user. You get a fresh browser every day that protects you from third-party tracking. The hidden radar used in DuckDuckGo blocks the hidden third-party trackers automatically and encrypts your searches by using an encrypted (HTTPS) connection. You can clear your searches by tapping the Fire button. DuckDuckGo is rapidly gaining users as its average daily searches rose from 79,000 to 61 billion in a decade. And in January 2021 the one-day search on DuckDuckGo crossed 100 million searches.
Google Search Engine
Google is not only a search engine but is much more than that. The widely used search engine across the globe is the favorite of many and uses its algorithm to provide you with desired results. Google has several of its products and services available for you. There is a rumor that does DuckDuckGo uses Google? but the answer to this is that DuckDuckGo uses DuckDuckBot, web Crawler, and other search engines like Bing, Yandex, and Yahoo to compile its search results.
DuckDuckGo vs. Google
Let’s have a look at the things that you will get for using DuckDuckGo instead of Google. Here you will find the answer to the question “ is DuckDuckGo better than Google or not”.
When you search for things on google, you are being tracked by google so that they can provide you with the products and services according to your need. But this tracking can be risky in one way or another. As you can share your most private information like bank details, health, and personal issues without even knowing. On Google, all of the information you provide is tracked and being used by the advertisers so they can follow you through the internet. But in DuckDuckGo it does not happen. They don’t track you for your searches and block every third party via a radar so they also cannot track you.
- No Priority is given to self-made products and services
Google, before any other website results show its products and services result on the top and it is a human habit of going with the one that is available on the top. But on DuckDuckGo this kind of thing never happens. DuckDuckGo shows you the best website results that are available.
- Not Too Many ads
Unlike google, search results aren’t loaded with multiple ads. DuckDuckGo keeps it simple that only relevant and few ads are present on your screen.
- !bangs shortcut
A bang shortcut is a built-in feature in DuckDuckGo that directly takes you to the page you want to visit by completely slipping the DuckDuckGo itself. Just Use ‘!’ before the site name and enter. You will be there in no time.
Pros and Cons of DuckDuckGo
No search engine can be perfect as everything in the world is in the process of development. Here are some pros and cons of DuckDuckGo.
- It is good at providing privacy and making sure your data is secure from a third party.
- Same search results for all its users.
- Less no. of ads.
- No advertiser can reach you based on your searches.
- A fresh browser every day for your search.
- A one-page search result that does not end till all the search results end.
- Instead of having a few good features, it still doesn’t offer the other services and products like Google Map; Google Books, etc
- Also, privacy is the biggest advantage of the DuckDuckGo but sometimes not keeping a record of your searches or absence of history searches can be a problem for the users.
- DuckDuckGo, sometimes finds it difficult to understand what the user wants to search, like if you want a particular scene to be the search of a movie you can’t get the desired result till you make it more simple and correct for the search engine.
Pros and Cons of Google
Like I already said earlier that nothing is perfect in the world and google instead of being the first most used search engine in the world suffers from some limitations while enjoying most of the benefits. Here are some pros and cons of google.
- Provides you several built-in features like Google Maps, google books, google finance, etc.
- Integrated with the other Google products and accounts of yours can be helpful.
- Always displays the unique content on the feed of your browser.
- Provide you with the content that best suits you by remembering your search history.
- Easy and widely used search engine.
- Your search history is used by the advertiser to fill up your searches with ads.
- Earn by selling your data to a third party.
- Collect data from every source that is linked like emails, etc.
So, both search engines have their pros and cons and both are not perfectly perfect. So it’s up to the user what they want, privacy or personalization? The Google vs. DuckDuckGo Reddit will never end. So you can choose any search engine that fits you best.